Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

These one don't do eggs. But I understand you're talking about other species. These just have babies, most all female, since their little symbiotic bacteria can make them produce without sex, which of course means more producing, which then leads to, whoa nellie!
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

This is the filter unit I want.

http://www.rei.com/product/866422/pl...system-4-liter

Sounds like you have some really interesting animals living in you.

Reminds me of the time I did some work on a woman's car and she paid me in frozen bear meat. I thawed a big piece of it and it was full of wormholes! I tried cooking it up but the smell wasn't right either. Soured me on hunting bear, that's for sure.

jn

Bob,
    Best wishes on your continuing recovery. Have you thought of publicizing this in your state rifle association magazine? This deserves wider dissemination.

AFAIK we do not have these in Texas. However, occasionally we kill deer in poor condition and others with lumpy lesions, with permission and call by the landowner these are disposed of. I would not clean and take to table meat from any animal that does not look healthy.

Thanks Griff, you all likely gots em in TX too. We're running behind the rest of the world in finding all the species. Lumpy lesions fit their modus operandi also. One of the places the microfilaria live in the deer is dental impactions, right up your alley! You know a bit more about my afflictions than most Griff. When it's all said and done, I feel that what is at the bottom of the immunosuppression, what allows everything else to get in, is the SV40 from the Salk vaccine. But then again, ticks got to me before that. Oh, I have been spreading the word about the deer worms Griff, lots of sites.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I am glad I hunt my deer with a Remington. I did not know hunting deer with a Krag could get you sick.

Hee hee, it's a Krag forum, had to keep things in context.

Hey Madsen,

If I take an animal it's almost certainly going to be with a US Krag. Thanks for the heads-up. Is this a big problem in Ohio? I have friends there and was thinking about going back east to hunt what I hear are huge numbers of whitetails.

jn

I've noticed a couple others that likely have it Jon. Those are fellows I know have done some skinning. Hard to tell how many others have gotten it via bug bites. It isn't easy to detect. Surveys aren't being done on the potential problem, as far as I know. There are large numbers of deer here Jon, and some trophy racks in the coal area with odd minerals in the water. Coyotes are just getting established, so we're not losing a lot of young deer yet, but more than I like to see. I got ravaged by mosquitoes a couple times while I was up in IN, so if wasn't there before, it probably is now! I wanted to blame the Yeminis since this sort of thing is endemic there, but I guess we have our own. I have no doubt Jon, people have unknowingly died from this stuff! Ohio is a muzzleloader/shotgun state, they've just open up to some straight walled rifle cartridges.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 04-05-2015 at 08:20.

I've been doing more research. These vermin could very well be what is mainly behind Chronic Wasting Disease. Someone will quickly say "No that's caused by a prion, like mad cow disease." Some researchers think a spiroplasma may be behind formation of the prion. These vermin come along with a mycoplasma-like bacteria known as wolbachia which could also be behind the formation of the prions. Remember, one of the o. cervidipedis species identified in the paper has spent some time in cattle. Even fire doesn't destroy the prions!

I saw a mad cow case, long before the British outbreak. In the 70s I worked on a dairy farm in GA, we had one cow that had a bulging eye on her right side. Somehow she produced a holstein calf that had red spots rather than black. She was very protective of that calf. They were kept separated from the rest of the herd and she'd come after you if you came into their field.

Well, it seems I am not so alone in this affliction, and that I have been right, despite what the AMA-type Drs said. (Stupid Pakistani, what's he know about US game animals and what they might carry!) Leading edge research into both Lyme disease and helminthic infection: https://durayresearch.wordpress.com/