Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Beautiful rifle. Very fortunate to own it. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

It just came from a estate. From what they said it was a man who passed and his widow sold it. I asked him to try to find out more info on it from her. I would love to know how he got it. I don't know if any were sold surplus after WWI, but that would be my best guess. And maybe since it was so late it just never was used.

I did take some more pics tonight. The stock on it roughly cut. They just didn't spent time on it finishing it.

Does anyone know if this is the last Eddystone serial found so far?

Last edited by cplnorton; 03-27-2015 at 05:38.

Last edited by cplnorton; 03-27-2015 at 05:42.

When WWI ended there were more than one million brand spanking new 1917's either in U.S. or manufacturer's inventory. The DCM, through the NRA, did offer 1917's for civilian sale. Unfortunately the price on them was considered too high for many people, especially when a 1903 could be had for ten dollars less @ $29 and Krag's @ $10, and then Trapdoors for even less. And of course for many people in the early 1930's, a $39 rifle, new or not, represented a couple week's wages.

6. Default

Oh man that is a beauty!

Spent a day or two in the Corps. That rifle is the best looking military rifle that I have seen outside of a museum.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

No doubt, the nicest one I've ever seen and I've seen more then a few, going back to when gun shops were selling them for 20-30 bucks!
    Last edited by dave; 04-07-2015 at 10:56.

Well I just listed it for sale on Gunbroker, so you could buy it if you want. I bought this as an upgrade to my old one, which it is. But I want one I can shoot too, and after really looking at this one once I got it home, it's just way too nice to shoot. So I just decided to keep my old one. I will probably regret selling this one day. But I really only want one 1917.
    Last edited by cplnorton; 04-07-2015 at 04:51.

10. Default

Steve,

I need to own this one, I only live about 40 miles from where the old Eddystone plant used to be. You should just sell this one to me!
    Last edited by SPEEDGUNNER; 04-07-2015 at 05:54.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service