Thread: Small World Syndrome Mauser P38s......

Default Small World Syndrome Mauser P38s......

Hey Guys,

It's a Mauser P38 Story so I'd thought I'd share... I know its not a Mauser Rifle but its a mauser pistol and couldn't find another subtopic to fit it under.

On a Facebook group, a friend of mine by chance posted pictures of his Byf44 P38. I knew mine was a Byf44 and also the same Q block. So I dug mine out to take a look at the serial number.

Turns out by coincidence our pistols are 46 numbers apart.

Mine is

9901Q

His is

9947Q

I know 46 numbers is not "super close" but I thought by chance it was amazing they were probably on the same day of production. Probably the last time they saw each other.

The internet is an amazing tool. Gave me the opportunity to see something like this. Sorry if its chessy. Just gave me a feeling of "small world syndrome"

Kinda cool, thank you Al Gore's Internet.

Kinda cool? You bet. Wish those things could talk! Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."

Yeah about as close as I could get to finding its consecutive serial number.

I have two K98k's, both matched, both made in 1936 by Mauser. Serials 2636t and 1547t. Not the same day but maybe same week, certainly same month. Had them since the 50,s, came out of Chicago area gun shops. One has a 'duffle cut'.