Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

55 Days at Peking
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

Saw this one today, Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk
    Curly with a Krag.jpg
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

3. Default

The Fighting SeaBees 1944. The Duke captures a rare Japenese Krag while leading the counter attack only to get shot and burned up and not get the girl in the end.
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

4. Default

I just finished watching Green Fire and Krags are definitely used in this. The stocks go clear to the end of the barrel so, I'm think Danish?
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    55 Days at Peking
    As I recall there were Mausers, not Krags, in 55 Days at Peking. Have to go and watch it again, maybe.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

6. Default

Hillbilliy Blitzkrieg 1942 Snuffy Smith is in the Army.

http://free-classic-movies.com/movie...rieg/index.php
    1."If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things." - Rene Descartes
    2. "The Right to Buy Weapons is the Right to be Free" From The Weapon Shop by A. E. van Vogt

7. Default

Today I bring you a Krag in the Movies from Frank Capra's Flight. Released in 1929 the film has a little something for everyone. Lewis guns on Bi-planes, heavy machine gun on the ground, and, of course, Krags in the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bezKvD3b2sI

Krags in the movies - Flight by Capra 1929.jpg

8. Default

Old thread, but a great one. As for The Wind and the Lion, by 1900 the Navy was replacing the Lee Navy with the Krag. By 1904 (if that is when the movie is taking place) only the most remote naval stations would be using the Lee Navy. Soon thereafter the 1903 Springfield was being issued (remember Sand Pebbles?).

9. Default

Sand Pebbles was set in 1926 and Steve McQueen used a very nice looking 1903 Springfield. Imagine my disgust when I saw the movie poster! 1903 indeed!7A729BF4-20CA-463A-AD74-20497C8933F2.jpg

Thought I remembered a BAR somewhere besides the poster -

Pebbles.jpg

pebbles2.jpg
    Last edited by Parashooter; 11-19-2022 at 09:38.