1. Default Need Info on CMP

I have seen recently where people have written to CMP requesting info on wether or not a particular firearm was used at the Camp Perry Matches. Cost was $25 for their research and a letter. I have searched their site trying to find where this service is available, but no luck. I have also emailed them, but no reply. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Can someone tell me where I should be looking?

Vettepartz,

Today I received a letter I requested, from the CMP, verifying that the serial number of a rifle in my possession was sold by the CMP and it gave the date and well as the grade of the rifle in question. The cost for this service is $25.00, whether or NOT the sale can be verified. I got good news today! 'Hope that helps some...

3. Default

Thank you glindes. I guess what I want to know is how did you know where to send your request and how much it would cost? I couldn't find that info on their webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettepartz View Post
    Thank you glindes. I guess what I want to know is how did you know where to send your request and how much it would cost? I couldn't find that info on their webpage.
    "Look again, Grasshopper."

5. Default

I did get a reply from CMP saying that they do not have info on the M1911 pistols that were used at the Camp Perry Matches, just certain M1's. I thought I had seen posts on a forum where it mentioned that someone had gotten authentication letters, but I may have confused that with those for the M1.