Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The nice thing about the three position safety is the bolt can be on safe and locked so the handle won't accidentally lift and give you a misfire. Then there is safe with firing pin locked but bolt free to operate. A nice safe way to unload a hot round from the chamber and work through the rounds in the magazine. Safety off is third position and self explanatory. I like a three position safety

2. Default

also a easy way to disassemble the bolt, then using the penny method
    liberum aeternum

3. Default

It may be the picture, but the forearm looks out of proportion. You should be able to take a straight edge and run it from the tip of the barrel to a spot about 1/2" in front of the floorplate tang. The stock should barely be touching the bottom of the straightedge. The forearm tip could be reduced in length by 1/3. If you email me I will explain why. If you like it the way it is, just ignore this old man's advice. It's all personal taste anyway.

I like that three way safety also. Put them on my personal hunting rifles at GREAT expense. I was hunting next to the test track just outside Laredo and was climbing into a very tall deer stand when my front sling swivel came loose somehow. The rifle dropped straight down and when it hit the ground, my Beuhler safety released and the rifle fired (never climb into a deer stand with a loaded rifle!). I heard that bullet scream past my head within inches. I nearly soiled myself. If I had been asked, I would have sworn I unloaded that rifle - but I didn't.

Those safeties are worth the cost in my opinion.

jt