Default Parkerized Colt Official Police .22 LR?

Greetings all. I saw a Colt Official Police .22LR, blade front and notch rear sights and 6-inch barrel in a gun store this past weekend and I really liked it. But, it has a parkerized finish. All my internet research shows blue finish only so don't know if it's an original finish, or has been refinished. Serial number is 30955 (1943?). It does show wear to the finish (Muzzle and other areas) so it's not a new finish. I didn't see/don't recall any U.S. markings. And the asking price ($350.00) seems to make it unspectacular (But I still like it). Any ideas? Thanx.

Regards,

Mark
    Last edited by El Paso Mark; 02-19-2015 at 11:07.
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

Prewar the value of original blued finish at 80% is around the $365 mark plus add another 20% for it being a .22. BUT the refinishing takes a heck of a lot of the value away with it being parkerized. I think it would have had more value if a good blued finish had been applied. Not as much as original but more then parkerized. I would think a true value to be in the $250 to $300 range.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Tuna is right. But, you say you like it. Well then: If (and only if) the barrel and cylinder bores are in very good shape and if (and only if) the gun times and locks up correctly and if (and only if) the double and single action functions correctly, then go ahead and buy it, expecially if the $350 is asking and it can be had for less. Hammer on the refinish destroying any collectibility, go as low as possible, understanding that you may never get your money out of it, but buy it. Unless any of the "if and only if" things are bad and then run away.

You can mope around wondering if you did the right thing letting it go, or you can buy it and get your money's worth out of shooting it without worrying about hurting it any.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!