Default Parkerized Colt Official Police .22 LR?

Greetings all. I saw a Colt Official Police .22LR, blade front and notch rear sights and 6-inch barrel in a gun store this past weekend and I really liked it. But, it has a parkerized finish. All my internet research shows blue finish only so don't know if it's an original finish, or has been refinished. Serial number is 30955 (1943?). It does show wear to the finish (Muzzle and other areas) so it's not a new finish. I didn't see/don't recall any U.S. markings. And the asking price ($350.00) seems to make it unspectacular (But I still like it). Any ideas? Thanx.

Regards,

Mark
    Last edited by El Paso Mark; 02-19-2015 at 11:08.
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

Mark:

Buy it if you like it, but the collectability of it has been substantially reduced by the refinish. It came out of the factory as a blue gun. Can't say for certain if it was USGI but the .22 LR OPs that shipped to the US Military (total of 70) all had blue finishes and the Ordnance Dept. shell and flame insignia on the upper left frame. Those guns were in the 26000 range.

HTH.

Regards,
    Charlie

Thanx.
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est