Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

There is a place online selling M42A1 covers for the M15 tripod for $12.95. The one I got was NOS. There was another online vendor selling NOS in the foil wrapper M164 scope cans as well.

Last lightly used late issue M49 I saw sell locally went for $100 with half a M15 tripod, no M42A1 case and a M164 can missing the shoulder strap.
    Last edited by M1Garandy; 08-06-2015 at 08:15.

2. Default

Whats in the box?

Oh, Just another box. Whats in this box?

A Matrushka box just for paper? Whats under the paper?

Awesome my tin foil hats are in!

Bummer not hats.

Looks official..

The air smelled so 2013
    Last edited by pmclaine; 08-13-2015 at 03:14.

3. Default

Must be a government job...

Looks like it could poke your eye out...

Hey a sausage holder...

Smells like fresh paint

What good will this be?

For the NSN wonks...

Last edited by pmclaine; 08-13-2015 at 03:19.

4. Default

pmclaine:

Your inbox is full.

Interesting to see sealed contents. I'll have to check, but I believe the box my scope and accessories came in was of different dimensions.

Richard

5. Default

In box cleaned up.

In the 1990's DRMO auctions, I used to go to the one at Great Lakes , I bought all kinds of stuff there, Bought 2 Complete M-49's with cans and tripods with covers, one had "FBI Evidence" tape all over it with the serial plate removed, Also bought 6 USGI Small arms repairman's toolboxes for cheap, There were about 500 people there and it was an open bid auction, Bought them because the pallet weight was 1275 lbs, --All the tool boxes were banded quite heavily to the pallet and you couldn't open the drawers--Got them all for less than $150.00-- A couple of bidders were laughing at me for paying so much !! These toolboxes were packed full of USGI ordnance tools and gages, for the M-1 Rifle , M-1 Carbine and M-14--Jackpot ! Still selling stuff from those boxes today, regretably only a few headspace gages let and M-1 and M-14 Field Test bolts-- Still left and available !
    Last edited by oldtirediron; 03-28-2016 at 10:07.