Default Help with a Browning Auto 5 question..

I am rebuilding a Auto 5 forearm and have a question for someone more knowledgeable than me. The forearm end that goes against the receiver has a raised ring that fits in a groove on the receiver. This raised ring is not made of the forearm wood but is a different kind of fiber. It helps reinforce the wood. It is glued or epoxied in and I am looking for replacement fiber rings. I have one for a 20ga but am working on a 12ga forearm, it is to small. Anyone know where to get these. I bought the one I have but cannot for the life of me remember where I got it. Help!

Jim, call Nu Line Guns, on Harvester Road, near St. Louis, Missouri. ...... google them for their phone #, address and web site & you'll find them. They are the factory authorized repair center for Browning, Winchester and generally have a huge selection of parts & know of easy fixes for some problems too. I've dealt with them before, they are nice guys & and I do not hesitate to recommend them.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Blog Entries

I'd try www.midwestgunworks.Com and http://www.artsgunshop.com/ Art is an ex Browning smith that specializes in restorations.
    Last edited by PhillipM; 02-06-2015 at 01:48.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Thank you for the information, both of you. I will drop them an email plus call Monday and maybe something will develop.