1. Default Looking for Prism Grinding and B&L M48/NRA Model/Senior Parts/Accessories

Collecting Spotting Scopes and their related equipment is addictive - but servicing old optics is pretty challenging!

Of the three M48/NRA Model B&L Spotting Scopes I have purchased, two need prisms. I already have slightly larger prisms that could be ground smaller to fit, would anyone here know of an optical shop who can do this? And I am contemplating replacing the Canadian Balsam and recementing the objectives on two of them myself - has anyone else here tried this? Successful? Tips and tricks on these old scopes are most welcome.

Also Looking for the following:
    Good, usable eyepieces for B&L M48/NRA Model Spotting Scopes, any power.
    Same for Bausch and Lomb "Senior" Scopes. Original Cases, Covers for both ends.

Parts: Especially need good or NOS prisms for the M48 and objective lenses for both types. Willing to purchase reasonably priced "parts scopes".

Accessories for both models: Always interested in Original Tripods, Cases, Accessories and Literature in General. Also interested in same for Redfield Regal II Spotting Scope (the one with the movable eyepiece housing), and purchasing an example of the very similar Mirador 70MM spotting scope. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

look at some telescope sites, star gazers are always having lenses ground for homemade telescopes
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates

3. Default

Thanks for that suggestion, Dragonflydf! Makes sense. CC
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

Try Malcolm Addoms at antiqueoptics.com. I just talked with him today. He has a large number of B&L prisms. He's been restoring antique and vintage optics for at least 25 years. He has done great work for me. Instead of email, it is best to call him at the number on the card below.

Here is his card:
    AntiqueOptics.jpg
    Last edited by cwbuff; 02-17-2015 at 01:27.
    "Man is not free unless government is limited." -- Ronald Reagan