Thread: BORE cLEANING

1. Default BORE cLEANING

Anyone using the Bore Tech cleaning products to remove the copper fouling in the barrel?

Yes I use CU+2 copper fouling remover and it works teriffic. I always used Sweets in the past, but CU+2 beats it hands down in my opinion. It works very efficintly when the directions are followed precisely. It takes at least half as much time as one would spend when using Sweets, which in itself is an effective product too, but I'll use the CU+2 from now on.

3. Default

Does the solution get into the gas port hole? Do you remove the gas cyclinder each time you clean the barrell?

When cleaning, invert the rifle (roll it over) so the gas port is up. No, you do not have to remove gas cylinder for routine cleaning.

It is recommended to avoid removing the gs as much as possible to avoid a loose gs which affects accuracy.

If you do have to remove the GS, put a pice of cello tape over the gas hole. This will help keep any cleanner from leaking out. Just remember to remove cello tape piror to reasembly. Also a lil dab of antiseize grease on treads og GS will help. Tighten as per specs an enjoy.
    Last edited by mike24d20; 02-01-2015 at 09:05.
    AIM TRUE, YOU MIGHT HIT THE TARGET:

If you remove the gas cylinder why would you worry about putting tape over the gas port hole???? You are putting way to much thought into this

No extra thought envolved, just keeping everything clean. Why do extra cleaning when you do not have to.
    AIM TRUE, YOU MIGHT HIT THE TARGET:

Quote Originally Posted by tmark View Post
    It is recommended to avoid removing the gs as much as possible to avoid a loose gs which affects accuracy.
    So are you using this Garand at Camp Perry?

I think it's pretty IMPORTANT to make sure it's clean. Usually you can pop the Gas Cyl Plug, just run a cleaning rod with two patches on it through it. That won't have any affect on the Front Sight to barrel ratio.
    --------------------------------
    Certified Internet Warrior Status: Achieved.