Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Doesn't matter, Camp Perry is a National Guard facility. Your right about loosing a lot of military ranges however.

I'm just trying to start a discussion of members. There a five none shooting Clinton appointee making 80k plus. Let's havea discussion. As far as negative posters I don't need any more grands.
    Last edited by m1ashot; 02-04-2015 at 11:14. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashot View Post
    I'm just trying to start a discussion of members. There a five none shooting Clinton appointee making 80k plus. Let's havea discussion. As fareas negative posters I don't need any more grands and I could buy you an sell you pissants
    I see, you are trying to start a discussion, but only as long as everyone agrees with you. Well, you asked for opinions and I gave you mine. Too bad it does not fit in with what you want to hear. As far as buying and selling us pissants, well maybe, but I am not impressed.

The head of the pissants is pissed off cause the SS gets the all of the good stuff....Ya'all should feel sorry for him....regards alex
    Last edited by blackhawk2; 02-02-2015 at 07:34.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashot View Post
    I'm just trying to start a discussion of members. There a five none shooting Clinton appointee making 80k plus. Let's havea discussion. As fareas negative posters I don't need any more grands and I could buy you an sell you pissants
    First you whine and moan because of a thread moderated on CMP now you are name calling becuase it doesnt go your way here? You asked for a discussion and you got it.
    I'm several hours away from the North Store and havent made a trip for several years. Shut the darn place down except for the Nationals would be fine with me. There are better deals online from private sellers anyway

Don't think I have ever seen " grands " for sale at NS. Try looking for Garands next time. Might not be a bad idea to use some of your wealth for an edumacation m1ashot. Are you sure you aren't a West Virginian.

How many people have any of you seen who are selling collectable M1 rifles bought from CMP for say $3000 and are now selling them for $5000. There has been one here who on a constant basis is selling collectable M1 Garands for almost double what he paid for them. Is this a right thing to do? I doubt it and the same thing with the M2 ball Greek ammo. How many trucks would pull up to one of the stores and then leave with tens of thousands of rounds of ammo only to sell it on the outside. Well the same thing happens with the lower grades of rifles too. They wind up on GB or another auction site for hundreds of dollars more then they paid for them. None of this is right and it hurts the guy who wants to be able to buy a rifle next year and some ammo but guess what? He can't because they are gone. How many rifles can one man shoot in a day and because he has so many he can't make up his mind which one of his dozen or more service grade Garands to shoot. Collecting rifles is fine but not at the cost of the rest of the shooting world. I blame CMP too as they could have put in more stringent selling requirements as to how many rifles one could buy. The CMP has become that big red juicy apple and many have taken a bit of it.

I have seen the "underpriced, oversold, overbought" accusations thrown at CMP for some years. The sad truth is that ANY business wants to get their goods off the shelf as fast as possible because overhead reduces the profitability the longer it stays around. CMP certainly has overhead and wants to minimize overhead costs to the final bottom line. The endowment MUST be built up so as to maintain the programs for decades. The government has made it clear that it will not be funneling anymore firearms into civiliian hands through this waluable and irreplacable program, so it had to stand on its own or see future generations left to train in the backyard with airsoft and on video games. True enough, there are many who have taken advantage and some will make fortune. I know one who made a huge sum from investing in Garands, but it was over a twenty year period, so no one got rich quickly. And the cheaper grade rifles do show up at smaller gun shows for unreasonable sums from my observation. So all your observations are true to some degree and in certain ways. But not in any conspiratorial way. Here, the business motivations come into play and is the likely answer to your questioning "Why?"And add to to all this the fear that the government may shut off the valve as they tried to do in the late 90s. Hence, a need for speed. And price.
    Last edited by mack; 02-03-2015 at 09:45.

Camp Perry is Ohio National Guard Base. You can thank Rep Bob Latta a fellow shooter for the tons of improvements. Cry baby? Stuff your ignorance up your poor non successful ass sorry you can't afford your hoppy, maybe the 80,000 a year board members can give you ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ???? Just curious. Why do you use the NS instead of the SS or do you use both?
    I vist a friend that lives in Pa. once a year. We take a day trip to Camp Perry for something to do. He owns over 30 Garands.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster