Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    The rifle sales are slowing down. The new OIC is a shooter, sounds like things are moving away from the collector. Good, bad? Expensive rifles helped subsidize the sales of service grades to thousands of shooters.

There are a lot of things happening behind the scenes that the public is not aware of, but expect the collector days coming out of the CMP to be done. Enjoy what you have, and be grateful you have them.
    Civilian Marksmanship Program. Not M1 Garand collector's society, never has been. The whole point of the DCM/CMP is to get people into shooting sports and then all the collectors invaded and now they bitch.

Expensive rifles did not subsidize service grades. All profits go into a fund to one day perpetually fund youth programs.

I'm sorry the North Store has been barren as of late, but before you cry sour grapes, for a long time that was the ONLY store.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

Yeah it sucks. I live about an hour and half from the North store and would frequent there every so often. It's not worth the drive now. There is nothing there other than C's and D's.

I miss the old days.

As long as there are two stores should sales be equal? Shipping is a nothing burger. a lotta people worked hard to keep Camp Perry open and improved, where DCM originated. With Ohio getting rid of inventory tax parts and rifles can go back home. And why Taledaga range millions? Camp Perry is the center of the shooting world. In the middle of a great vacation land.
    Last edited by m1ashot; 01-31-2015 at 02:55.

If things are slowing down, does the Cmp really need a highly paid Board of Directors who are none shooters? I'm sure you could find a board of highly qualified volunteers directors from the shooting world. Let's hear your opinions.

Here is my opinion: The CMP is doing just fine without your advice. It is obvious you are just being a crybaby because the CMP store in your back yard (40 miles) does not have enough inventory to give you the selection you want. The CMP has stated they are not going to short or delay the majority of thier customers (the people who use mail order) to favor the small number of people who live close enough to the stores to make the trip. Why do you think you deserve special treatment?

Well said Latigo 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Latigo 1 View Post
    Here is my opinion: The CMP is doing just fine without your advice. It is obvious you are just being a crybaby because the CMP store in your back yard (40 miles) does not have enough inventory to give you the selection you want. The CMP has stated they are not going to short or delay the majority of thier customers (the people who use mail order) to favor the small number of people who live close enough to the stores to make the trip. Why do you think you deserve special treatment?
    Quote Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
    Well said Latigo 1.
    I feel the guys that live close by cherry pick the rifles and usually for a profitable purpose.

However, I use the CMP North store on a regular basis and I live in Florida. Don't like buying mail order, much prefer to buy after handling........is that cherry picking?
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

You done good usmc69. Looks like you entered service about the time I was stationed at MCAS Beaufort. We lived half way between the Air Station and Parris Island. Best of both worlds. After SE Asia, It was like heaven.
    I think what is being talked about are the whiners that don't get what they think they deserve. I too use the North store regularly. Every July and August while visiting Camp Perry.

Semper Fi
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
    I feel the guys that live close by cherry pick the rifles and usually for a profitable purpose.

However, I use the CMP North store on a regular basis and I live in Florida. Don't like buying mail order, much prefer to buy after handling........is that cherry picking?
    ???? Just curious. Why do you use the NS instead of the SS or do you use both?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by m1ashot View Post
    As long as there are two stores should sales be equal? Shipping is a nothing burger. a lotta people worked hard to keep Camp Perry open and improved, where DCM originated. With Ohio getting rid of inventory tax parts and rifles can go back home. And why Taledaga range millions? Camp Perry is the center of the shooting world. In the middle of a great vacation land.
    Until the Dems shut down ALL USG ranges to civilians. It's already happening - bases are closing their ranges if insufficient military stationed there. How many military personnel are stationed at Camp Perry?