1. Default Rockola Products

Hello, I have the parts to get an M1 Carbine together, but I have no receiver. I know this will not be a collector Carbine, I just want a nice M1 Carbine. Will a Rockola built Carbine be OK?
    Thank You!

It depends if your happy with a commercial copy or not. If you get a completely made new one or if you just get a receiver is up to you. I am guessing here a bit but if you have enough parts that are original Rock-Ola you could sell them and maybe buy a new complete carbine with the funds from the parts. If it were me and I was just looking for a good shooting carbine I would just get a good rebuilt USGI carbine and have fun shooting it. Doesn't matter which make. It will over time just go up in value while a commercial copy will not and even could loose quite a bit in value.

"...while a commercial copy will not..." Did too. Not a much as an issue Carbine though. No 'loosing' either. Mind you, I very much doubt the current crop of copies will ever go up as much as a Plainfield or early Universals have.
    Building stuff that isn't hard to find is an expensive way of doing it. You thinking of one of the copies by James River Armory?
    Spelling and grammar count!

Just about any USGI carbine is better then any Universal or Plainfield ever made. Why people are still buying the used Universal carbines is beyond me. There are no new parts available for them and USGI parts for the most part do not interchange with them. They are not worth the power to blow them away. While Plainfield carbines are better over all quality they again do not compare to USGI carbines. If it's price then wait till you save enough to get a USGI carbine even if it's an import. Your much better off in the long run.

5. Default

Thanks for all the replies. I will look for a nice GI carbine. NOW, I have many parts to sell to get funds for a USGI Carbine.

I would be interested in your parts kit.

7. Default

mp_tx, Message sent, Thank You