Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Also try www.dixiegunworks.com for repo parts.
    AIM TRUE, YOU MIGHT HIT THE TARGET:

2. Default

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER DRY FIRE A PERCUSSION ARM. That messes up the nipples.

Send the Remmie back to Cabellas because they have fabulous customer service and will replace it. When you get the new one, never dry fire it.

3. Default

If you have large hands, consider getting the Remmie Revolver Dixie Gun Works sells, a Pietta Remmie with the Oversize Frame and Grips:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...roducts_id=906

I have owned several Pietta revolvers and their quality has always been excellent. If I am not mistaken, Uberti is now owned by Beretta. Their quality is always excellent.

Matter of fact, the Pietta "Shooter's Revolver" (a different model than the model with the Oversize Frame and Grips) is the highest quality replica arm I have ever owned. It is a "Clone" of the original Remmie right down to the parts being interchangeable with the parts of original Remmies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    Uberti is high end quality. This is my last one I bought in 357 magnum. Am looking at their Black powders now. Rick B

That looks nice!! They do good work.
    "In God We Trust"

5. Default

I have several cap & ball revolvers, both Pietta and Uberti. As with any firearm purchase, I always completely disassemble and clean them. There is often residual machining crud remaining inside that needs removal. A couple of Piettas I bought needed some Dremel work to remove a small tab on a stamped part & also some polishing. They are all very smooth running now.

Before sending it back, disassemble it and see where any parts may be hanging up. Sometimes only cleaning is needed and is easier than paying for return and waiting for replacement.