Thread: Rounds not feeding

Hybrid View

Default Rounds not feeding

The problem I am encountering with my 1899 carbine is that all pointed type rounds like spritzer rounds or short length type rounds such as 130 grain bullets tend to jam and not feed into the chamber. By the way the carbine has seen quite a bit of use. Do you think the magazine follower spring might be weak? Has anybody had this problem?

My model 1898 rifle which is in very good shape it feeds all ammunition perfectly regardless of what it is.
    Last edited by bobgar; 12-29-2014 at 10:07.

If you have some service-profile ammunition, try it in the carbine. If it feeds, there is nothing wrong with your follower spring. Some Krags seem to feed short rounds OK, others not so well. Truth is, the artfully sculpted 'feed chute' of the Krag was designed for one loading only, which usually works to perfection - but they did not care about, or even think of, future sport shooters. You might try a different sideplate, or sideplates. Is yours seated properly? It is a game of very small tolerances between success and failure.

I guess my carbine just likes service type ammo it does feed 220 grain or 180 grain round nose perfectly.

I'm fortunate in that none of my Krags have this feeding issue. They feed spitzers and shorts just fine. As Dick said, it seems to be a hit and miss thing with Krags.
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo