Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, that's a big bummer. When you get the rifle I wouldn't use that smith again.

Quote Originally Posted by StockDoc View Post
    Well it was coming along smoothly, until the "Reputable 'smith that I sent the Bolt to have the handle replaced for a low mount, lost it, I am dead in the water now until they find/replace it.
    That sucks and the Yugo 48 is an intermediate length action so a standard Mauser bolt will not work.

3. Default

yeah, they said they found the bolt, so we will see if it fits, when or if I get it. The rest is coming along nicely.
    liberum aeternum

Given that the barrel was toast, rebarreling it to 7mm Mauser is a very good idea. This will simplify any potential feeding issues that would otherwise arise if you tried to use a case w/a body taper significantly different from the original 8x57mm. Given the excellent 7mm bullets available and the plethora of suitable powders your rifle will give outstanding results on game in the woods and fields. And, if you don't handload, there are many many excellent factory loads available. With a bit of attention to the trigger and properly stocked, your rifle should be a real pleasure to use. Good luck. Sincerely. bruce.
    " Unlike most conservatives, libs have no problem exploiting dead children and dancing on their graves."