Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for small ring mauser stock

Posted on buy/sell but no responses.
    Any one know a source?
    Thanks,
    Mickey

What kind of stock? military? sporter? what model rifle? Your question is impossible to answer, as it stands.

Sorry about the lack of info.
    I have a M-93 I, believe, with cut up wood. I was wondering if I could find a decent walnut stock, hand guard and metal parts to go back to full military.
    I believe the rifle to be South American as it has an original 7 mm barrel on it but no crest, just a few small chicken scratches that don't mean anything to me.
    Looks like the barrel is uncut, but is of a short rifle nature. I suppose I could even use a Swedish stock if I could find a walnut one.
    It won't be anything close to a "collector" piece. Just have thoughts of making it military again.
    Thanks,
    Mickey

How about some pictures of the rifle as it is, it might help identify it.
    Meanwhile, Liberty Tree Collectors has some M95Chilean walnut stocks and some other parts.
    Long rifle:
    https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=50
    Carbine:
    https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...&idcategory=50

D.

Sorry, am a complete boob posting pics. With the marks I have left, I do not even believe I could take a pic. The only mark I can figure out is a 6 pointed star on the rear sight base. There is a mark in front of the serial number, 5672, that I can not identify, kind of looks like a hexagon "G" would be my guess. I also see the receiver ring has a cross in a ring. The branches of the cross are of equal length and the ends of the legs flare out to a wide end.
    That is the best I can do.
    Last edited by Mickey Christian; 12-18-2014 at 03:19. Reason: clumsy fingers

Sounds like a Loewe made m1903 (six pointed star) and a Maltese cross in a circle.
    You might want to explore the following web pages/links:

http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome

http://masterton.us/Spanish_Markings

D.

Another bit of info or 2 which may be helpful.......the serial # is on the left side rail, there is a rail on the inside of the left receiver rail, the rear sight leaf is marked to "20" (2000 yd?) but there is no ramp to raise the leaf so the sight must be lifted 90 deg. then adjust the notch up the rails (there is a slot in the middle of the leaf), it has a bent bolt. If the barrel has not been messed with it would be a short rifle? It is 22-3/4" long, the front sight has no protective ears, no marks or holes and the band holding the front sight on the barrel is only as long as the sight itself. The front sight is less than 1/8" from the end of the barrel. The stock is walnut. There is a Maltese cross on the tang of the buttplate. There are Maltese crosses on the bottom of the receiver at rear of left receiver rail and on the sear. On the bottom of the barrel is a small circle inside a slightly larger circle, a 3, 7 and a 5. There are also marks I do not know how to describe, but have not seen them on the web sites I have looked on. I have not seen a model exactly like this one.
    Maybe this can help ID it?
    Thanks,
    Mickey

P.S. It has the square bolt face at the bottom of the bolt and cocks on closing.
    Mickey

Another P.S.
    Just saw a pic of a Spanish 1893 rear sight....that is what I have. Did they make short rifles or is mine Bubba'ed?
    Mickey

Yes they made short rifles any small Ring Mauser stock will work. I have used the Swede stocks on them but not sure how the hand guard would work as I was doing a sporter it did not concern me. If you do use the Swede there will be a little gap at the front of the trigger guard between the wood and metal just a variation in dimensions doesn't cause any problems though.