Thread: cleaning kit

1. Default cleaning kit

Got a few questions. First, Is there any difference between the cleaning kits that fit in the butt stocks of the 1903 and the 1903 A3? Second, If there is a difference, what would that be? Third, I haven't been able to locate a cleaning kit for my 03 A3 (just started looking). Any suggestions as to finding one? I've looked on ebay and gunbroker, briefly, and could have missed one. Fourth, assuming I am able to locate one, what is the going rate? Thanks for your help. Rick B

Earlier ones are nickeled; later WWII are plastic. Usual worth (I admit it has been a while since I activiely priced them) for nickeled, depending on condition, is in the $30-40 range. Plastic ones, maybe @ $10.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

3. Default

Rick, Thanks for the info. I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised by the relatively inexpensive prices quoted. I would have suspected they would have been a bit more. I have the nickeled one for my 1903. It's nice to have a complete rifle. Hopefully one day I'll come across a plastic one for the 03A3. Rick B

You shouldn't have a problem finding a WWII one.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Here's a link...scroll down to the Accessories and you'll find what you are looking for. http://www.billricca.com/03_springfield.htm

6. Default thanks

Thanks, I talked to Bill this morning and ordered a WWII version with original WWII parts. His price for plastic case with later (50's) cleaning parts was $20 and for the correct period WWII parts was $30. Very friendly gentleman who certainly seems to know what he's talking about. Really appreciate the recommendation to contact him. Rick B