Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default WWII Commemorative 1903 question

Gentlemen
    I have noticed on an online auction site a Springfield Model 1903 WWII Commemorative rifle by American
    Historical Foundation. Would this rifle have collector value? It looks like a very nice rifle from the photos, however, it didn't even sell at a relatively low price. Is this a farce?

Commemoratives represent a collecting niche. Most commemoratives have very limited production runs because the niche is small. The rifle has value, but most value is reserved only to the niche collector.

A link to the auction would be appreciated.

Hope this helps.

J.B.

Mr. Beard thank you sir for the response. The rifle I speak of is relisted on Gunbroker. com. I will try to add a link but I am not sure how to do that to this thread. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Mr. Beard thank you sir for the response. The rifle I speak of is relisted on Gunbroker. com. I will try to add a link but I am not sure how to do that to this thread. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Just open the auction, copy the address, and make a posting here. When posting, click on the little "globe" icon at the top of the section where you are typing and paste the address. Like this.......

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...-1903-question

HTH,

Emri

In my observation, with few exceptions, those "commemorative" firearms sold by AHA and others rarely hold their value and usually decline significantly in worth.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Just look at all the Win. commemorative Mod. 94's that were made. People ask about what they paid and still do not sell them.

This must be it. I only saw one listed.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=474920930

The only commemm. I can think of that has been a good value was a John Wayne Model 94 from some years ago.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

cheesy,,,
    this company put these and a few other so called commemorative models out.. bad sand blast finishes, repro stocks, and badly done gold plated bits,.with a ok display box.. and charged a stupid amount of money.
    most had dark bores, and just used what ever parts...
    i like the idea,, but and eye for detail, and some quality workmanship goes a long way. within the next year, ill be offering a select grade 1903, hand polished blue, with select grade walnut stock.. that you can actually shoot... and no gold plated bits.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

That is the rifle I was looking at. I could have won it for $899 but hesitated because no one else bid on it. Thought maybe everyone knew something I did not. I am wanting to get a collecting hobby kick-started, unfortunately, simply do not have the resources to acquire the "high end" rifles. Thanks to all who replied to my question, the wealth of information and expertise on this forum is nothing short of amazing