Thread: Gary Cooper's "second" sporterized M1903 - pictures

Hybrid View

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rick the Librarian View Post
    While I sympathize in your desire to take it out and put it to the use it was intended, I admit I'd hesitate to take such a rifle with a "history" out into the "boonies".
    I hear you. I'm not sure yet what to do with this rifle. I've always been pretty careful with my firearms and have hunted with some fairly valuable old mauser sporters, Winchesters, etc. I have lived on a private ranch my whole life with elk deer, turkies, etc., and so I have a comfort level on my own turf. Still debating. I would make a cool story if I could tell my grandkids I hunted with Gary Cooper's rifle. Of course they probably will have no idea who Cooper was by the time I have Grandkids.
    Last edited by Bhauer; 12-27-2014 at 02:46.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhauer View Post
    I hear you. I'm not sure yet what to do with this rifle. I've always been pretty careful with my firearms and have hunted with some fairly valuable old mauser sporters, Winchesters, etc. I have lived on a private ranch my whole life with elk deer, turkies, etc., and so I have a comfort level on my own turf. Still debating. I would make a cool story if I could tell my grandkids I hunted with Gary Cooper's rifle. Of course they probably will have no idea who Cooper was by the time I have Grandkids.
    Ask yourself, what would Gary Cooper do with that rifle come hunting season.

He bought it to use it, and you have proof thereof. Your call, but probably in our heart of hearts, we all know what Coop would tell you do do.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!