Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone had any dealings with Michael Tyson on Armslist?

Default Anyone had any dealings with Michael Tyson on Armslist?

(No, not THAT Mike Tyson!!!)

There is a guy on Armslist who has a M1911 and three other firearms. He has the email address of kfjhhdh@yahoo.com . He lives in Dover PA.

Anyone had dealings with him, now and in the past? Email or PM me if you have.

Details to follow later./

RtL
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

No but Armlist right now is getting really bad for scammers. I've had two friends this month alone that have been scammed. They keep on taking pics from gunbroker and listing them for sale.

With an email address of kfjhhdh@yahoo.com, it sounds like he is a scammer.

The only time I deal on armslist is a FTF! [armed]

I take it you were burnt..........
    Last edited by usmc69; 12-01-2014 at 02:57.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster

I was burned on gunbroker for 1650. GB refunded their max. which is 400.00 Had to jump thru hoops for one year to collect that.

Default Does sending funds with USPS money orders through the USPS mail help?

Does sending funds with USPS money orders through the USPS mail help?

Anyone have experience with fraud protection with the USPS? MAIL FRAUD?

They tell me they will make a full refund while they investigate (or at the end of the investigation?)! Is this true???

Best Regards,

No, that's not true when you willingly send USPS money orders to someone. That becomes a civil matter. Been there, done that. I ended up convincing my local Prosecutor to pursue it. But I don't think there are many Prosecutors who will take that stand for you.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

USPS , you are on your own!

Yes, I was "burned". Before I go on, I should say that dealing FTF and locally is probably the safest way to go, but in looking at my firearms collection, I would say that 2/3 to 3/4, if not more, of my firearms were purchased online.

I offered to buy a M1911 online through Armslist. The seller had me send funds and I did use a USPS money order (it was $600 shipped). The money arrived and then I started getting excuses as to why he couldn't ship the pistol over several days. He did keep in email contact. After a week, a good internet friend (whom I had been keeping up to date about this) sent the guy an email (this was done as a "test") asking to buy the pistol. To nobodys' surprise the guy said to send the money and he would send the pistol. This was a week after he had received money from me! Obviously trolling for another victim.

The one mistake the "seller" made was giving his name and address. In addition to filing a USPS fraud report (I've gotten various opinions on how effective that is), I contacted the local police department where the seller lived. Got ahold of a very helpful officer who paid the "perp" a visit. He wasn't there, but his sister was. She said the guy bounced around a bit and, to her knowledge, did not possess a firearm. The policeman said he had six outstanding warrants but didn't say for what. He also told me that, while he would be more than glad to bring the guy in, I would have to testify locally, which would mean going back to Pennsylvania (I live in WA State), which would hardly make sense.

I do have another Internet friend who is a state policeman back east, and he's checking with some contacts in the area for me. At this point, I doubt I'll see my $600 and also doubt the pistol even existed.

As a friend said, every time you send off money to a person selling through the Internet, you take a chance. From what I have been told, Armslist seems to be the worst sales/auction site of the bunch and I'll be avoiding them in the future.
    Last edited by Rick the Librarian; 12-02-2014 at 07:52.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. You are right it would not make sense dollarwise to prosecute the dirtball. However, it may give immense satisfaction to be there to see him get some jail time for fraud. That is interstate fraud, isn't that a federal offense?
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster