Default CMP Field/Rack Grade

Has anyone ordered a CMP Field, or Rack Grade lately? If so what are you opinions on the condition? I've been reading some posts about the ones at the two stores (when they have them), and they sound pretty beat for condition. Thanks.

I have seen some pictures and they were pretty beat up, with some pitting . But some people like the used look.

I can see the ads not, "Used on D-Day" "Pattons Garand" and that is just the Post War version.
    liberum aeternum

I just ordered a service grade and received a very nice 5.8 mill SA with all GI walnut stock. Out of the last 5 Garands I have ordered this was by far the best. Don't know if that helps you any.

Recently received a service grade. SA 1384016. A rebuild, never issued. Lead dipped heal with perfect olive green parkerizing. Rebuild barrel SA - 52 ME=0 TE=0, looks brand new. Beautiful new CMP stock set with amazing wood grain and that's dry. Can't wait to apply some BLO. One elevation adjustment and I was knocking the bottom out of it from 100 yards. Smooth action and nice trigger pull. I couldn't be happier. That was a mail order. My advice, don't wait too long to visit and buy or order one, Field or Service grade. For the price it can't be beat.

5. Default

Yup, mine is a H&R shipping as we speak I've waited almost 6months for it.hope to see it next week.Still looking for some ammo deals as I bought only enough to shoot it to see where it prints. That was a service grade also.
    Last edited by maverick1; 11-22-2014 at 07:22.