Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Need help on a price for a WWII Remington 31R

I am being asked to come up with a price for my WWII Remington 31. I'd appreciate some input of what's fair. I haven't really bought much lately.

Link to pics forthcoming (sorry, I had a bad link) Remington 31R not Ithaca.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by desentis; 11-18-2014 at 02:44.

This one is at 2k and holding.

VINTAGE{ VERY RARE}Tactical Military 12 ga Shotgun
    Auction # 453664317

3. Default

It REALLY depends on condition and how it is marked. Post some pics and I can give you some ideas.

4. Default

Here are a few:

5. Default

If the barrel and stock are matching (and I think the stock is based on the fit in the pic) it is a $2000+ gun. Very rare complete and matching.

I would be interested if barrel and stock match.
    sent PM

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1563621 View Post
    This one is at 2k and holding.

VINTAGE{ VERY RARE}Tactical Military 12 ga Shotgun
    Auction # 453664317
    The bidders are INSANE. If original, it is a POLICE gun, and they made plenty. But you have to check the barrel for a front sight hole, years ago there were plenty of adapters around, and it appears to be just a standard Police riot gun. If it was not built as a Trench, the value is $300 or so for the gun, a few hundred for the adapter. If original, I would say that today it may be worth $800. I bought and sold those in the past for $300. They are NOT rare by any means.

8. Default

OH by the way, I have seen those new in the box. The rear swivels were NOT installed at the factory, they were provided in the box. The fact that it is installed may or may not mean something.

I don't like the mark on the barrel under the cyl mark.........it sure looks like something else was stamped/engraved there & filled by some type of braising...........this makes me hinky & I'd also appreciate a close up or two of the cartouche on the left side of the butt.............What is the length of the barrel.........? Wondering if it wasn't for USO/club use or to train trap/skeet shooters. Other than that, it's a decent old Remington pump...........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

10. Default

He called it a 31R, so I am assuming it is riot length. In that serial range it should ONLY be a riot and nothing else, those last 2000 guns are the only ones marked US PROPERTY and I have never heard of or seen a long barrel at that number range, but I could be wrong.

I think the cartouche is OK, the Remington shotguns were often a light or off center strike. The stock LOOKS right from the photos, they are fitted and a replacement is quite obvious.