1. Default In need of a spent 8mm bullet

In need of a spent 8mm bullet

The Damascus Heritage Society Museum of Montgomery County, MD currently features a Veterans’ exhibition with items on loan from local vets. Sadly, their insurance permits no weapons.

As part of a helmet display, I have an M1 helmet and liner with a set of in-and-out bullet holes. I plan to add to this helmet a dowel mounted bullet inserted thru the holes, and entitle this exhibit “A Close Call”.

An inserted dowel shows that the path of the bullet just cleared the web suspension, perhaps clipping a few head hairs.

The helmet and liner both have the white NCO recognition stripes used in the ETO so I’m assuming an 8mm bullet was the culprit. (surely not .30 cal.)

If one of you K98 shooters finds an appropriate 8mm ball bullet near the surface of your backstop, it would make an interesting addition to the exhibit and quite a talking point for visitors.

Thanks,

Gerry

PM sent.

Gerry, Did you get the bullet I sent you?

4. Default

Yes, bullet received. I've been out of the loop for a bit. I'll send some pics when I get this trick rigged. Many thanks.