Default 410 Shotgun Ammo..

My first time in the Ammo forum.....

While back a woman I used to know, her husband died. Before having a garage sale, she let me go through his stuff. Among the old junk I picked up was some old 410 Shotgun shells.

As far as I can tell, two boxes of Winchester Super X #6, some are red and some green. Then nearly a box of Remington #6, some red, some green. All are plastic case.

A sales tag is on two boxes from a store that closed down some 25 yrs ago, can't make out the prices. I assume it's all lead shot?

My question...... a guy at my Legion last night mentioned his 410, I told him about my ammo, he is interested in buying it. What's it worth? Should I sell it? Keep it for...?

Thanks in advance for any advise.
    --------------------------------
    Certified Internet Warrior Status: Achieved.

The shells are good for shooting. The value is in the boxes for the ammo box collector. Regards, Clark

Blog Entries

I decided to take out my old single barrel 410 to have some fun shooting clay pigeons. One box cost $14.00 locally in the same store where I can buy cheap 12 gauge for $5.50 I have some steel shot 410's, the hulls have steel printed on them. I guess you could try a magnet to make sure.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

4. Default

Don't have a .410 but I've got a few 28ga guns. 28 and .410 are about the same price, I just bought a couple of cases of 28 at $10/box and the .410s were the same. From the cost of components, you'd think 28/.410 would be cheaper than 12/20ga. Shot charges are half of 12/20ga but it comes down to volume and 12/20 production has to be 100X that of 29/.410. 28ga is the only shotshell I reload. Last batch I did ran around $4.50/box. If I buy Winchester AAs, I will load them until the plastic falls apart.