1. Default WWII K98K current value

I have acquired a Code 27 (Erma) 1939 K98K 100% matching, including unsanded stock, with approximately 90% original finish on metal, no sling. Bore is bright & shiny. Can somebody give me a current value for a rifle like this? I haven't been into these things since the late 80s, early 90s. They were a little over $100 back then but I suspect that is no longer the case.

Pictures would certainly help but from your description I would say 1000 minimum. However with such a high price it will take a while to sell. A similar rifle floated around MI gun shows for many months, this year priced at 1250, and finally sold (or was taken off the market). I would have loved to buy it but just can no longer afford such high prices (if I ever really could). If I were selling I would start at 1500 at least.
    I really do not concern myself with value, except out of curiosity, cause I am not selling and can't take it with me! hehehe. As they say, value is what someone will give you for it. As value goes up, market gets smaller!

The one thing to watch out for is one of the Russian captures being offered as original. In my neck of the woods an all matching non Russian capture is closer to $800 in 90% condition as there are not many buyers of them and not many can afford them.

Erma ended K98k production in 41 or 42 to concentrate on the mp 40. A 100% correct rifle in 90% as described with correct cleaning rod, sight hood, sling could bring $1,500-$1,800 from a colllector that needs it. I would be interested a bit South of there. pm sent.
    Keith

He did not say he was selling, in fact it sounded like he just got it. He only asked for a value, I was only trying to put my estimate in prospective. We will get dinged here if we keep this up.

6. Default

Thanks guys...I did just acquire this rifle last weekend and I'm not selling it or I would have put it on the "For Sale" forum. You just seldom see these things all matching these days. It is not import marked and I must have sold a zillion of these when I had my FFL back in the late 80s, early 90s when the buyers were "cherry picking" the european ware houses. They would arrive in virtually unissued condition still in heavy cosmoline. It would take me a couple of hours using gasoline to clean them for resale at gun shows. If we only knew then!