Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Default Other Taurus problems

Hmmmm....it seems Joe ain't the only guy having problems:

http://weaponsman.com/?p=19008

By the way, all of y'all need to add this dandy little blog to your favorites and check daily.
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

I wonder what the ATF would do if a person had one that goes FA and it's from the factory that way. It doesn't surprise me that POS taurus does things like this. I know of dealers that will not order them anymore. If they get one for trade, they don't want it or will offer only a few dollars for it and then scrap it if the person trades it in anyway. I know I will never but another ever. I have a PT25 thats crap so I'll beat it to scrap and send it to them with a note about the junk they sell.

joem...... that's the now de-bunked "expose" of a pistol that was severely altered in order to "create" a news story............ much like NBC, CBS & ABC & a bunch of trial lawyers have done in years past on vehicles, firearms, mowers,.. etc.......... if that is what is typically offered on that guy's site. I'll never go there again.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

It doesn't matter to me in that I had 4 taurus POS pistols and now I am down to 2. A 50% failure rate is way above what is acceptable to me. No More Taurus Firearms For Me!!!!!
    Last edited by joem; 11-15-2014 at 03:36.

ouch.................. would be for me too...........I've always thought of you as someone who enjoyed using his gear.......... but that you would never abuse them............
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

I don't abuse them but I shoot them a lot as you said I enjoy them. I expect that with reasonable care and cleaning they should last thousands of rounds. I don't overload them but try to shoot 2 to 3 times a week. More if I can. The two just craped out due to metal wear on some parts. I don't really mind that if, they send me the parts to repair it.

have put way over 6000 rounds thru one browning high power............ Back in 85-86, I'd put over 3000 thru it, and had it with me at the Bianchi Cup.

Bill L. from the Cylinder & Slide gunshop of Nebraska was set up there...... & he asked to inspect it, every guy there allowed as how Bill is one of the foremost browning high power smiths in the world.............He quickly detailed stripped it (nearly every part dismounted.......)

Bill found that my sear had worn unevenly on one side...........& quickly welded on a section of a nail to the sear...... shaped it...... then re-heat treated it........... & then charged me I think it was $15.00, might have been $10.00.. because he knew that small town policemen & deputies aren't real well paid..........it hasn't needed anything since..........Like you........... I dern sure practice with my carry guns/users........... & I do expect them to last..........

by the way, the only snow we got this weekend is a bare sprinkling on vehicles............ there is none on the ground..........
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter