Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default My tales of UPS Woe !!

Where do I start?? Bought a PVS -4 and was due to be delivered on a FRIDAY- Didn't show up-- Called UPS they told me that the carrier had gone home early sick; said the package was in their secure lock up because of it's high value !! Asked if I could pick it up, then they say come and get it Saturday- go there and they can't find the package!! Monday comes, they are tracking the package now, and the original information has been erased off of their tracking website !! Then about 2 weeks later they find the empty package in their hub; told me that the contents "Must have fell out !" Another time I was waiting for another expensive scope and it was a no show-- I tracked it and they said I signed for it and it was delivered! I asked to see the signature and it was a scribble ! I then asked how I could have signed for the package in Florida when I was in Wisconsin at the time! They refused to pay for that scope $890.00 but paid previously for the PVS-4 !! Many years ago I was shipping a rifle barrel back to a barrel manufacturer, same day a deranged Individual shot up a school in Winnetka Illinois-- I went to the Glenview UPS drop off point-( Next town over)-- Well as soon as I dropped the package off the Idiot behind the counter started cussing me out about the rifle barrel, and the expected things like no one should own guns, then screaming at me ""ALL PEOPLE THAT OWN GUNS ARE MURDERER"S !"" I said to him ; stop the lecture and process the package ! Well he did and when it arrived at it's destination the barrel was bent in almost a "U"---Package was completely destroyed !! No doubt he did it somehow, couldn't prove it but after my Lawyer called UPS -- I was paid and never saw that ASSHAT there working again !
    Last edited by oldtirediron; 01-21-2015 at 12:25.

A long time ago I bought a Maxim Kit and tripod on a group buy ! I was living in Florida at the time and the package never showed up?? WTF?? Anyway I had made specific instructions to ship it to Florida and about a month later I was in Wisconsin at my other home, I went on the side of the house and found the maxim stuff in cardboard boxes that were buried in the snow ! Luckily no damage and no thieve's ! Here I lucked out !! Nothing was even rusty! All the Heavy Finnish cosmolene worked !!
    Last edited by oldtirediron; 01-23-2015 at 08:39.