Default Westinghouse M91 US marked

Been looking for one for quite some time. All I have been able to come up with are stories people post on various forums of their great finds at a fraction of the cost.

Has anyone came across one? If so please let me know.

Thanks so much,
    Andrew

Mine has no US markings, unless you count Westinghouse which is certainly not Tula.

Yeah I was looking for one of the 200,000 purchased by the US Army for marksmanship training. But just finding out how rare they are.

I see these all the time on GunBroker. Is this NOT what you are looking for?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=451126226

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=451016162
    Last edited by Allen; 11-07-2014 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I see these all the time on GunBroker. Is this NOT what you are looking for?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=451126226

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=451016162

Correct those are the standard NEW Mosin Nagants. more uncommon than the M91/30s but not that hard to find. After the Communists took over Russia the US government canceled the Remington and Westinghouse M91 contracts (they didn't want US weapons aiding communist revolutionaries). But they were on the verg of bankruptcy as a result of those lost contracts. To keep them afloat the US army purchased approx. 200,000 NEWs and a smaller number of Remington M91s. Most were used for training for marksmanship. A large number went to the NY National Guard.

Here's an uncommon photo.

They are about s/n 1.1-1.3 million approx. on NEWs. I have no idea on the Remington make.

Since they saw almost no use most look Mint!

But what's nice is seeing the "screaming eagle" proof marks and I believe the Remingtons have the US ordnance bomb.

I mean that's a gorgeous stock and metal. And see the screaming eagle on just below the receiver crest?

Some have many more stamps on the metal.

These are just photos I picked up that others on some other forums were generous enough to share.

I spoke to one guy who picked up one that was a tad rough but he got it for $150!!!! That's unheard of. I've seen some reach as high as 1,000-2,000 (but those are mint).

Thanks for the info. I bought a Remington years ago because I wanted a M91 with the Imperial Russian double headed eagle markings. It has a birch stock instead of the correct walnut stock so there is no flaming bomb stamp like you have shown. Got if for $150. It appears to have gone through an arsenal rebuild due to the birch stock and metal refinishing (deep blue/black blueing with nice sharp markings). It has a rough bore from the corrosive ammo but still shootable. I like it though and find that the "Remington Armory" marking is kind of unique.

Remington M91s are more desirable from what I've been finding. I'm not a Mosin collector. Just a US Military Arms collector and a 1905 Ross Rifle and a NEW M91 would fill some very nice gaps in my collection. They are nice rifles when you can find them!

I bought one years ago that is absolutely unused and mint. Came from a local dealer who sold it off his junk rack. This was before the Mosin craze. Didn't pay but a few bucks for it and I bought it since the wood and metal were clean and not dented or rusted. I would love to sell it for $2000 but those are pipe dreams and gunshow tales.

Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I bought one years ago that is absolutely unused and mint. Came from a local dealer who sold it off his junk rack. This was before the Mosin craze. Didn't pay but a few bucks for it and I bought it since the wood and metal were clean and not dented or rusted. I would love to sell it for $2000 but those are pipe dreams and gunshow tales.
    You have a US marked mosin? That's amazing! Send some picture love to see it.