Thread: Generation War

1. Default Generation War

Great Historical miniseries from the same folks (Germany) that brought you the original:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War

Is on Net-flic's streaming. My wife and I both found it good.

The Eastern front looks like those places where the diggers find all the Soviet and German battlefield remains. Lots of action, military equipment but an interesting enough story line, too. Familiar scenes from all war movies, but this works, especially as the various characters are asked to get deeper and deeper in the Nazi required Scheisse storm.
    How they prepare naively for Kursk and other battles is good.

From Wikipedia:
    <<Generation War (German: Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter, literally "Our mothers, our fathers") is a German World War II TV miniseries in three parts. It was commissioned by public broadcasting organization ZDF, produced by the UFA subsidiary TeamWorx, and first aired in Germany and Austria in March 2013. The series tells the story of five German friends, aged around 20, on their different paths through Nazi Germany and World War II: As Wehrmacht soldiers on the Eastern Front, war nurse, aspiring singer, and Jewish tailor respectively. The narrative spans over five years starting in 1941 Berlin, when the friends meet up for a last time before embarking on their journeys, enthusiastically vowing to meet up again the following Christmas. The story's conclusion is set in a time shortly after the end of the war in 1945/46>>

In short an interesting peek into current Germans dealing with their parents/grandparents war.

On so many levels good, that my wife and I watched the whole thing straight through.

best,
    Sully
    Last edited by Sully; 11-02-2014 at 03:44. Reason: Spelling and Grammar

2. Default

One of the girls of the group reminded me of Hermione from the Hobbit, which I think was initially written during the 1930's.

In generation War, however, the German's seem to be constantly trying on the ring of power...along with all the good and bad choices made by the kids.

3. Default

No responses, so perhaps a trailer link might help:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...ECA6ED5FF59B86

4. Default

Have it on my Amazon watch list...

thanks for the heads up. just finished watching the three episodes on netflix

I noticed it is available on DVD as well. Several clips are available on youtube and it looks interesting.

7. Default

Based on youtube clis i will watch this movie. Some of my favorite utube clips are maple bacon dog tease, rescue of miley, rescue of fiona, denver the guilty dog.

8. Default

I liked clips on youtube. Will definitely see this movie.

9. Default Youtube clips

Based on youtube clips i will definitely see this movie

10. Default

i liked it, subtitles and all.