Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading dies

Default Reloading dies

What are the best "bang for the buck" quality reloading dies? and why do you think they are the best.

BudT
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

I use Lee, a lot, Lyman and Redding. All make quality ammo if I do my part. Lee is lowest price, but not necessarily lowest quality, and I have been using them quite successfully for nearly 30 years. Lyman is mebbe middle of the road (Lyman, Hornady) with many folks liking RCBS. My Redding dies are very high quality, good finish and just like the others produce good ammo when the user does his part. There are more expensive bench rest quality dies around but for normal reloading just about any dies will give you good ammo...
    Last edited by mikld; 11-01-2014 at 01:20.

I use RCBS. It's very easy to get replacement parts for RCBS dies, you WILL need replacement parts eventually.

I use RCBS, Dillon,Lee and Hornady dies. They will all make good loads. All the manufacutres will send you replacement parts at no charge except Lee. But Lee's parts are reasonable anyway.

RCBS will replace anything free+and so with Dillon

I use Lee, I load for about 15 different calibers, from 9mm to 45/70 and have no problem with any of them.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser, Socrates

Lee dies here too. Also their 4-hole turret press. RCBS dies are too expensive for me.

I've used Lee dies and presses in the past with good results however, I use RCBS equipment exclusively now days. In my opinion RCBS has the best customer and warranty service of any of the manufacturers.

For the best quality dies, go to Redding. For the cheapest dies go to Lee. For quality and a good price go to Lyman. RCBS are on a par with Lyman and their customer service is great. I prefer Lyman myself.

"...RCBS dies are too expensive for me..." Pays for the warrantee. RCBS' covers the kit, forever, regardless of who bought it new or who caused the damage. Including used kit. Nobody else does that.
    However, the brand of die doesn't make much difference. Don't particularly like Lee stuff though. You get what you pay for. One year limited warrantee, they usually want you to return the damaged kit to them and you must be the original buyer.
    Spelling and grammar count!