Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

it would be my guess is that he would have to prove it was a legally made pistol ............or at best....forfeiting it to that police dept.'s evidence room's version of capt. crunch........in lieu of prosecution....
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

2. Default

Just like an antique shotgun, if sawed off, it is illegal, if the prosecutor can prove it.
    liberum aeternum

Quote Originally Posted by milgunsguy View Post
    One of just a handful - the specimen above is in the Rock Island Arsenal museum

Quote Originally Posted by StockDoc View Post
    Just like an antique shotgun, if sawed off, it is illegal, if the prosecutor can prove it.
    Rick...... with the anti gun mentality of a lot of courts, prosecutors......... it would be my guess that the defense would need to prove it was legal............ or face forfeiture instead of incurring crushing legal bills..............

My brother in law Pat had , had to use deadly force to save his oldest brother & his brother in law from a guy who had them on their knees. at the point of a pistol...... begging for their lives............

Pat told the guy to drop his pistol three times.... before the guy raised it the last time and said, "No, I think I'll just kill them".... where upon Pat put two .45ACP through the back of his neck/spine & one into his heart.... dropping him instantly............. in front of 30 plus witnesses.......... some friends of his. some friends of the dead guy............. and incurred $85,000 plus in defense fees before being found innocent in a jury trial...............being right & innocent means squat..............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

5. Default

da gimp, names not Rick, lol

Had a guy where I volunteered at who got into a foot pursuit, the suspect hid at a corner and cold cocked the guy. Knocking him to the ground and taking his flash light. The suspect was getting ready to swing the flash light at his head, when the officer pulled his Beretta and put 3 holes, killing him. The family was pissed that he did not try to resuscitate the dead guy and protested for months in front of the police station.
    Last edited by StockDoc; 11-29-2014 at 03:20.
    liberum aeternum