Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unertl

1. Default

I have had excellant results using a member from this forum.He goes by Dan in NY. Excellant to deal with. I would contact him and would recommend Dan without reservation.Aaron Davis would also be a good choice but I have not used his services but have read good reports.

Here is a link to his info,hope this helps.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...sshair+repairs
    Last edited by Dave in Pa; 11-07-2014 at 01:02.

I recommend Bill Ackerman or his daughter Cheryl in Santa Teresa, NM. He's a scope God. Been working on them forever. Used to work (And designed scopes) for the original Weaver here in El Paso. Click on the link below for contact info and info on services.

Bill Ackerman, 5489 Santa Teresita Drive, PO Box 1174, Santa Teresa, NM 88008

http://targetshooteroptics.com/

Cheers,

Mark
    "I strive to consistently shoot to the level of accuracy that I only occasionally achieve" - Mark

Alea Iacta Est

Fixing cross hairs on a unertl is not that hard if you really don't need fine cross hairs.
    Just pull out the cross hair brass tube, there are four screws that hold the cross hairs. I replace them with human hair. Some hair will be thicker than others. Fine baby hair works great or find a blonde with fine hair. I've used my wifes and it's on the thick side but still works great.
    Try it. The worst that can happen is you will have to send it out.

Thanks, I've sent it out to Mr. Davis. I once in fact fixed a Mossberg scope using hairs from my cat. No lie! Unfortunately, when I finally got it to my satisfaction, my cat was walking around with a comb over.

All cats should have one! This thread got me thinking of a scope I bought off ebay once. Made of brass I thought it was pretty unique and I guess someone else did too. We got in a bidding war and I spent over $70 on it. It was no sort of rifle scope at all! It had crosshairs, which close internal examination revealed to be fine human hairs that someone had glued in. It was a 8X viewing scope out of a Simplex projector! The operator in the projector room used it to get a zoom view of the screen, so he could focus on the grain of the film. Had a heck of time getting my money back, had to send it to Parsons, mentioned above, and get a letter from him verifying that it was not a riflescope. It had zero eye relief, so even a .22 would have stuck it in your eye. Now, back to Unertl. I bought an old Litschert booster to get 12X out of an early 6X Weaver. The lens in the Litschert was marked J. Unertl on the side.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson