1. Default Know of a bayonet lug setup for 870?

I'd like to set up my 20" 870 with a means to attach a bayonet. Anybody seen such a rig? I would think there was something like that during VN.

2. Default

Just Google "Remington 870 Mk1 Bayonet Mount" and select "images"...you will see all kinds of bayonet mounts for the 870, from genuine U.S. Military, vintage civilian/police, and current reproduction.
    "There's a race of men that don't fit in,
    A race that can't stay still;
    So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
    And they roam the world at will." - Robert Service

3. Default

Thanks.

4. Default

The eBay link below has a couple of offerings - one vintage, and one current. The vintage one is early Remington 1-piece model. It's complete and in good shape, but asking price is pretty steep - probably why it's been relisted 5 times now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...aptor&_sacat=0

The 2-piece design was used on the USMC 870 Mk.1 (with sight ramp), and the USN/USAF M870 used the plain bead.

These 1-piece kits were sold to law enforcement back in the 1970's, and still available in the 1980's/90's, but not listed in any catalogues. I saw a bin full of these at Remington in 1991. Price - $9.50/ea. There were also bins full of plain finish military stocks and forends - stocks were equipped with the M40A1/513T style swivel. Wish I had the foresight to buy them all up. To streamline operations, anything "old stock" was destroyed when Remington was taken over by Freedom Group a number of years back. Already checked!

Cheers!