1. Default Creedmoor 1903A4

I have bought a Creedmoor 1903A4. I am curious about the scope, and how well the gun will shoot with the Criterion barrel. It will arrive in a couple of days, so I hope to have a report in a few weeks. I went to the CMP auction site and found a stripped 03A4 receiver there at $700 with 10 days to go. It will no doubt probably go for the price of the repo I just bought, and will eventually become a complete gun, assuming that the necessary real parts can be found. With "original?) bolts going for $750, it will be cheaper to buy a "real 03A4", the sum of whose parts value will far exceed the amount paid for the rifle. The amount of fake/reproduction parts is multiplying, and the idea of building a correct 03A4 from open market parts will be an expensive proposition.
    If the Criterion barrel doesn't shoot well, the rifle will go to Krieger for a new tube, and if the scope is a problem, I will move up to a Weaver K4, as I am planning on going to Camp Perry.

2. Default

The Criterion barrels are good, I have one. Hope yours is, too. Be careful about the K4 if you want to shoot Vintage Sniper. The rules only allow a Weaver K2.5 or the Lyman Alaskan for a 1903A4 style rifle. Look at page 47 here: http://odcmp.com/Competitions/CMPGamesRules.pdf