Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The receiver is an Argentine that was imported, provided it is forged and not cast. In many cases, one who fakes such pistols does not remove the interior serial number on the back of the receiver, under the MSH. Perhaps they think leaving one serial number clears them of breaking the law, but it doesn't.

The dimensions of the recoil spring housing (dust cover), visible receiver around the stocks and squared off profiles are the dead give-away to the Argentinean pistols. They're dirt cheap, easy to acquire and end up being used to fake all kinds of more expensive pistols...including Singers. Every visible marking I was wasn't right, nor was remotely convincing...but too many people just read the markings and miss the characteristics that truly identify manufacture.

I'm glad you pulled the auction. I tried to contact you by phone and via PM at the Colt forum.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

2. Default

Hey Scott,

Sorry I missed you, you could've steered me in the right direction earlier.

Would you mind trying me again? I would like to discuss the situation a little more in detail.

Thank you,

Marc
    Keystone Arms
    724-651-4133
    Last edited by Marc@Keystone; 10-24-2014 at 01:17.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Marc@Keystone View Post
    Yes I have the Contact Info. My friend actually wrote a personal check to the seller of the firearm and the seller FedExd the gun to me. I have a copy of the sellers drivers license I used to enter it into my bound books.

We will reach out to the seller and see what his stance is. I'll keep the Forum posted as we progress.

I will field strip the gun and post pictures of whats inside. The barrel is stamped HS but it's perfectly clear there is a bigger story for this firearm to tell than what meets the eye.

Marc
    Marc,

Any news on this pistol? Have you and Mr. Gahimer come up with anything?

If it is not to much trouble, when you are shooting pictures of the barrel and insides for us, please remove the left grip and show a picture of the area around the top grip bushing and please remove the main spring housing and show us a picture of the receiver flat under it.

Regards,
    Last edited by stan4; 10-25-2014 at 03:42.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gahimer View Post
    The receiver is an Argentine that was imported, provided it is forged and not cast. In many cases, one who fakes such pistols does not remove the interior serial number on the back of the receiver, under the MSH. Perhaps they think leaving one serial number clears them of breaking the law, but it doesn't.

The dimensions of the recoil spring housing (dust cover), visible receiver around the stocks and squared off profiles are the dead give-away to the Argentinean pistols. They're dirt cheap, easy to acquire and end up being used to fake all kinds of more expensive pistols...including Singers. Every visible marking I was wasn't right, nor was remotely convincing...but too many people just read the markings and miss the characteristics that truly identify manufacture.

I'm glad you pulled the auction. I tried to contact you by phone and via PM at the Colt forum.
    Mr. Gahimer,

In your discussions with Marc at Keystone Arms, did you confirm that the receiver is an Argentine?

I initially though it was most likely Argentine. But, the finger cutouts and the mag well thwarted that conclusion.

Best Regards,

5. Default

Mr. Gahimer has called me and left a message. I was out trick or treating with my 2 year old so I missed him, there has been no communication as of yet.

I have the gun on the bench today, let me know if there are certain areas you guys would like to see. I tried to upload into this message but this site looks as if you can only use a URL. We will upload them to photo bucket and attach the link soon.

6. Default

Finally, an honest dealer! Spread that disease Marc....

Well Done Marc!