Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Odd-Looking US&S?

Does this US&S look "wrong" to anybody else?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=448658598

Good Luck and Good Shooting,

Tommy

2. Default

Marc at Keystone Arms is a very reputable dealer. The gun looks nice to me.

3. Default

At least two things strike me as odd as well: The erosion of the C on the RCD where a take down scratch would have been and the SN font, especially the 1.

If Marc at Keystone Arms is selling this as an original US&S, he needs to have someone examine it that knows Model 1911A1 pistols.

on the Colt .357 mag/pre Python......... guys on other forums are lamenting the fact that someone is making/faking /re-popping good quality older Colt boxes and US GI 1911A1 boxes...... So far no one has noted any fake older S&W boxes yet.......... but I'd get someone like JohnnyP to look hard at either pistol & the one box before I tendered a bid for any of it.........it'd be very hard to get your money back.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

The trigger is incorrect.........should be of the stamped variety and blued. The magazine well looks as if someone has bored it out, it doesn't appear to be "tight" around the magazine............someone has done some work in that area. The barrel bushing looks to be of 1911 era with the pointed sharp feet. Those are just my observations. I'm sure other will either agree or disagree.

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Looks to me like someone had a US&S slide and created a pistol around it. The frame looks like it started its life as a 1911 piece. The finger relief cuts are wrong and the serial number is completely bogus and newly stamped. What a bargain at only $6500

8. Default

That gun has more problems than a run over dog. I agree the frame is totally bogus, possibly a Systema that was scrubbed. This is a prime example of why you shouldn't fool with refinished guns other than for shooter grade purposes. I wonder if he's wearing gloves so as not to leave finger prints.
    Last edited by ignats; 10-20-2014 at 04:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P View Post
    If Marc at Keystone Arms is selling this as an original US&S, he needs to have someone examine it that knows Model 1911A1 pistols.
    I agree. It's not a US&S...and it's not a M1911 either.
    Last edited by Scott Gahimer; 10-20-2014 at 05:36.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

10. Default Is the Slide Real?

Is the slide real? It does not look like the roll stamps in the "big books". I realize there were more than one roll stamp, but I could not find this one?

Best Regards,