1. Default 1965 Ishy - Looking For Glass

I went wi the S&K (no D&T) mount on my 1965 Ishapore and for the time being I through a 4x Trijicon TR24 Accupoint on her. I was very pleased with the initial performance. I quickly got a couple inch group using some old Lake City unbelted ammo. Could reliably hit 12" steel at 300yds.

Now, while that is a very decent optic for any high power rifle it definitely does not look the part sitting atop an old battle rifle. I'd like to find something looking a bit more period Correct and still get around 4x magnification.

Any ideas ?
    ~~~ reinstate dodge-ball in primary school ~~~

2. Default

Vintage Weaver K4?

3. Default

You're not the only one to recommend this. I've got a Weaver K4-60 steel tube El Paso built en route. Found on ebay for $90. We'll see how it goes.

4. Default

Just got this 1960s era, steel tube, El Paso built, Weaver K4-60 installed onto this 1965 Ishapore 21A ($90 on eBay). I wish I could push the scope a bit more forward. The sweet spot for eye relief may be a bit to far back for my taste. The only mild snare was having to shave down the back of the mount so the bolt release would clear for removal. Not a big deal.

I don't know if the Indians would have made snipers out of these but despite the (No drill and tap) S&K Insta Mount the glass and rifle are correct for each others periods and plenty of Weavers, I'm told, made it on to sniper/DMR rifles. Just need to get out and shoot her now. I'll report back if anyone is interested. Plenty of pics. Enjoy.