Default Need help identifying bolt and buttplate

Bought a Remington 03-A3 a few years ago to use as a target rifle. A previous owner swapped out the rear sight for a Lyman 48s setup, changed the buttplate and some other parts.

I couldn't find an exact match for the bolt or buttplate on Vi Shooters or in Poyer's book.
    Might the bolt be original to this rifle? I'm confused about the N (orZ) on the bolt handle.

Also, is the buttplate an original one or a reproduction? The only markings on the inside face are C 3831-1.

ThanksIMG_1680..jpgIMG_1687..jpgIMG_1695..jpg

Looks like a Remington made 03-A3 bolt (correct for the rifle) and a buttplate for the M1922. I see them on target rifles sometimes (including one of mine) probably because the civilian owner realized it gives better grip than the standard buttplates. The cocking piece is a replacement I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Humphrey View Post
    Looks like a Remington made 03-A3 bolt (correct for the rifle) and a buttplate for the M1922. I see them on target rifles sometimes (including one of mine) probably because the civilian owner realized it gives better grip than the standard buttplates.
    What he said.

Blog Entries

Although many people refer to all the Springfield .22's as M1922 that buttplate would not fit on one of the Model of 1922 rifles. They all came with the NRA stock which had a thick shotgun type buttplate. The buttplate pictured came on the later 1922M1 with the issue type stock or on the M2 issue type stock. Perhaps I am splitting hairs but when the item is described the nomenclature should be correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Herschel View Post
    Although many people refer to all the Springfield .22's as M1922 that buttplate would not fit on one of the Model of 1922 rifles. They all came with the NRA stock which had a thick shotgun type buttplate. The buttplate pictured came on the later 1922M1 with the issue type stock or on the M2 issue type stock. Perhaps I am splitting hairs but when the item is described the nomenclature should be correct.
    What he said Thanks for the added detail!

Thanks for the info.

Ray