Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I wouldn't give one of YOUR nuts to have a Norinco.

I picked up one once ... I said to the seller, "Haaaa Soooooooooo".
    --------------------------------
    Certified Internet Warrior Status: Achieved.

Actually, I know your "vitae" fairly well....you gave it to me at a time when you weren't being quite so bilious...I save such things. BTW, you never asked me how much money I got for the OTHER Norinco-based rifles I built....why is that? Oh.....point of order, I NEVER called you "names", certainly nothing derogatory or pejorative. You post under a handle (I obviously don't!).....something I refuse to acknowledge on principal, so I used a generic, completely non-specific, gender neutral appellation rather than the nonsense you apparently prefer....don't like it, post a real name, or be content with what I choose to use absent something real! Second, the loads I shoot are perfectly safe for MY rifle and are within published load and pressure limits for the cartridge....my rifle does NOT have an ambivalent quality cast receiver built to forged dimensions and web thicknesses, and I HAVE seen SA receivers effectively destroyed by loads similar to mine, making it a problem with their choice of receiver, not the load...so you were saying?

Oh.....and I strongly suggest you do a search for "Formula Super-Vee".....you MIGHT gain some knowledge you currently lack....my partners and I built several of them on Ralt chassis and one (a water-pumper) on a Riley! I never really liked open-wheel formulas, so we generally stuck to GT's but there were exceptions, not to mention racing a VW/Porsche meant you had to deal with Joe Hoppen...a guy who was probably sorry he wasn't born early enough to be an SS guard at Auschwitz! It was a very happy day when we went to work for Nissan. As for Porsches.....you should take a drive in my restored '84 928S (something that CAN be arranged).....it's an orgasm on 4 wheels (NEVER listen to ZZ Top driving that car.....it gets expensive...ask me how I know....it's nick-name is "Der Nickelwagen"!)!
    Last edited by John Kepler; 10-15-2014 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by UUURah View Post
    .. I said to the seller, "Haaaa Soooooooooo".
    Uhhhhh.....that's Japanese, not Chinese (the Mandarin equivalent is "Nee How").....which I'm sure just amused the hell outta the guy you made a fool of yourself to!
    Last edited by John Kepler; 10-15-2014 at 06:53.

4. Default

I have usgi m14 rifles, all the makers. I had a trw bolt split with Norinco 308 ammo. It came out in two pieces.
    The gun survived, put in another trw bolt to match the gun. Never had that happen with my Norinco/Polytech's in over 20 years of shooting. Get new Chinese parts here in Canada for your Chinese M14 rifles. They have made many improvements
    over the years. Guns have to be checked because China quality control is an issue

5. Default

I've seen two for sale recently under $1000. Again, I have only heard you want a GI bolt. I have no problem owning Chinese AKs, SKSs, etc., but something deep inside won't let me own a Chinese M14....

I picked up 2 NIB years ago. One has had a lot of lead out the barrel, mostly thanks to some friends who enjoyed the heck out of it on an outing back in '09 where I believe they went through about 2,00 rds. The other is still NIB and I have absolutely no complaints. It is about as close as I can get to the 14 I qualified with back in '69.

7. Default

Boys, enlighten me. I only shot an M14 once, in about 1970. (I have a Springfield M1A in my basement that I have only shot once..not too interested in it.) Anyway, what's the deal on the Chinese ones? I have heard that we gave the M14 tooling and machinery to the Nationalists. I have heard that they sold it to the Bad Chinamen, who have produced commercial versions. I have heard that the Bad Chinamen supplied Filipino rebels with their rifles, and these were captured and sold here. And blah, blah, blah. What is the real story on these Oriental rifles?? Just curious. Thanks.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cplnorton View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Poly's. They are true to a USGI M14. The only flaw you hear people say is they have soft bolts. The thing is, you will wear out the barrel before you will the bolt. But yeah poly's are pretty good.
    I haven't heard of a bolt failing yet in a Polytech. The bolt swapping thing is a real moneymaker for the shops doing it. I have one and so far it hasn't blown up and killed me after a couple thousand rounds.