Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anybody have a Poly Tech M-14 S?

I have one... and it can put 20 rds.of LC 7.62 NATO ball into a 4" red dot at 100 meters... in less than 1 minute.

I shoot beer cans at 200 meters and usually hit them! I seldom see Poly's forr sale... there is a reason for that. Their receivers and chrome lined barrels are better than any of Springfield or even the LRB's that are selling for $1800+.

Yes, my Poly has been worked on by a Marine Armourer. It has a Wn. Bolt and is steel bedded into military birch stock, it has a Sadlak titanium scope mount, Badger Ordinance rings, and a 10X SWFA Super Sniper mildot scope.

If anybody tells you M-14S Poly Techs are no good.... tell them to go pound sand!

I never see them for sale. But when someone that owns one posts they seem to love them like you or hate them. The only one I was around was a Springer and it was fairly new. I was impressed by its accuracy. One day I'd like to add a M-14 type though.

"Yes, my Poly has been worked on by a Marine Armourer. It has a Wn. Bolt and is steel bedded into military birch stock, it has a Sadlak titanium scope mount, Badger Ordinance rings, and a 10X SWFA Super Sniper mildot scope."

I would say hardly an endorsement , if it needed all that work. If you told us it did those accomplishments straight out of the box , that would be different.

4" at 100yds is pretty crappy unless you are shooting offhand. Most of the Polys that I have seen, even with LC, will stay about 2". Handloads much better. I agree, they are one of the best receivers out there but I still prefer LRB and James River. If you have your armorer screw on a med weight Bula barrel, you will be right about an inch with FGMM.

There is nothing wrong with Poly's. They are true to a USGI M14. The only flaw you hear people say is they have soft bolts. The thing is, you will wear out the barrel before you will the bolt. But yeah poly's are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    "Yes, my Poly has been worked on by a Marine Armourer. It has a Wn. Bolt and is steel bedded into military birch stock, it has a Sadlak titanium scope mount, Badger Ordinance rings, and a 10X SWFA Super Sniper mildot scope."

I would say hardly an endorsement , if it needed all that work. If you told us it did those accomplishments straight out of the box , that would be different.
    I don't think it "it needed all that work." The scope, mount and rings were for my 70 year old eyes. The Win. bolt was because everybody kept telling me the Poly's bolts really sucked. And by the way I never reloaded a single round for the Poly and have never shot Federal Gold Medal ammo. All my results were using mostly Cavim and So. African Milsurp. Oh yeah, did I mention that it was a $700 rifle and with "all that work" it still cost quite a bit less than a LRB or SA.

Karl Maunz who is one of the guys who helped to create the semi auto M14 receiver, has told me many times that if he was building a custom rifle for shooting, the Poly's receiver was the best.

id like to pick one up. i like my $500 Fulton Armory but id jump on a POLY if one showed itself...

I have two of them. The one with the scope shoots super. The other one just OK. If I could get some china ammo where the bullet measures .30775 and the FPS is 2700 it really shoots, hit a half dollar @ 100 yds off sand bags.

Have had a Norinco, a Poly Tech and have shot several Springfield M1A's. Also had the pleasure of going through Boot Camp & ITR carrying a M-14. To be honest I prefer my Poly Tech. Yes, it has a TRW bolt and a GI trigger group and a GI stock. Shoots well enough for me to hit whatever I am aiming at and the confidence it won't be getting up anytime soon.
    USMC 1969-1993 6333/8153/9999
    USMC Combat Pistol & Shotgun Instructor
    FBI Rangemaster