Default Chrome limed barreles and chambers

How importent is it to build a rifle with a chrome lined barrel and chamber? I recently acquired an AR stripped lower receiver and have been pricing build kits. Most do not include a chrome lined barrel. I would like to build an A2 20" barreled replica but am very new to ARs so any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chrome lined pros:are easier to clean, generally have improved extraction and chambering. Resist rust, pitting etc, will not erode as fast, higher life expectancy.
    Cons more expensive, slightly less accurate due to chroming process being impossible to evenly apply.

These are general statements I've observed in numerous rifles. As always one can find that one rifle that does not follow the rules

My opinion and its free, if your building a benchrest tac driver go quality non lined. Anything else go lined. The slight up front cost will be offset by longer life. One will not notice accuracy issue unless doing serious long range benchrest type stuff. Obviously sometimes you have to buy what you can find.

For most civilian uses, it is not crucial to have a chrome lined barrel and chamber. The AR-15, when first developed and then fielded by the military, did not have chrome lined chambers and bores. The climatic conditions in Vietnam were a big part prompting the change to chrome lined chambers and barrels to deal with rust and corrosion.

Thanks much for the responses. As in all things since I retired, money is an issue. If I feel I can afford it I will go with chrome lining.

5. Default

In most cases, a chrome lined barrel is only a 50 buck or so
    added cost. Worth it, if only for ease of cleaning.

6. Default

I believe it's more important to free float the handguard for accuracy than to have either chrome lined or not?
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson