1. Default Michael Petrov collection

For those with deep pockets or just have an interest.

Michael's collection will be auctioned by Amoskeag Auction Co
    Auction No. 104
    November 22 & 23

Here is a preview

http://www.amoskeagauction.com/104/auction104T.html
    Last edited by Texraid; 11-10-2014 at 10:56.

While I would really like to have one of his rifles (I had the same feeling when Krag expert Bill Mook passed away) I'm hopeful they will sell for a good price for his family's sake. Michael did help me a lot when I bought another "classic" sporter a few years back, though.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

i hope that they fetch record prices...he helped many, including myself, wonderful person to talk with..
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

4. Default

He was a bit secretive, but a super nice guy. I loved it when he tried to blow up a LN to prove a point. That receiver took a pounding and kept on ticking. If you go back and read those posts, he disproved a lot of commonly held BS about LN's, as did Parker Otto.

jt

5. Default

Here is the link to the auction catalog. Some very nice rifles from both Mike and Wills' collection.

http://www.amoskeagauction.com/104/auction104.html

He was an awesome fellow. I have his book, and it validated my infatuation/obsession (I think those adjectives are strong enough) with 1903 Sporters.

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris
    Last edited by The Wolf; 11-14-2014 at 01:41.

I will be attending the auction & preview as it is 15 min away I go to most. Unfortunately I cannot afford anything at this time, but it is great to go & look & talk to people. Always an interesting day.
    Tom

what a wonderful collection............. his Win 95 flatside is just a tad earlier than ours........... & his is in .38-72, I didn't know that any of the flatsides were in any caliber other than the original .30Gov't (.30-40 Krag).............The auction bill did not list it as being either re-barreled or re-bored........

Added :hope it will factory letter......as original..........

jimmyt.........with the wonderful collection that he amassed.......I'm not surprised that Michael was "secretive" as you put it............I'm sure that felt that he was being cased several times over the years............
    Last edited by da gimp; 11-16-2014 at 08:50.
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

It was great to see & handle these awesome rifles! A great collection. Most sold at the estimate, a few below & a few above. The auction house said they were pleased overall, I hope the new owners are happy. I wish it had been AFTER Christmas I might have gotten lucky.
    Tom