Default Machete/ Bolo Knife

Ran across an old Ligitimus & Collins , made in USA Machete/ Bolo Knife, was wondering if someone could shed a liight on this item. I know they made knives or machetes for WW II but each one I have seen was straight blade. Mine has a wooden handle (factory made ) straight with no drop at the end. The blade starts out with a slight increase in size but ends up with a wide bolo design.

Could be left over blades from period of time and were put on the market just to get rid of them. Little rust on top and appears to be Black under the lighter places along the blade.It is very sharp and it appears to have been factory sharpened, very precise edge. About 30" long and 6" of that is handle.

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

2. Default

Collins made over 1,000 models of machetes and other edged weapons and tools. Most are marked on the blade with the model number (e.g., No. 18, No. 66, No. 128, etc.). With a 24" blade its probably some sort of machete. They made machetes with many different blade lengths, shapes, and points. Is there a number or any other marking on the blade? A photo would really help.

Tom , sorry on late reply. I forgot I had put the question out. Saw the "BOLO" on my shop tablle today and remembered I had put a request out. I will go in my shop tomorrow and check for any more info.

john
    “Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.” (Luke 22:36)

Sonds like you might have one of those big honkin' Collins model 1005 bolos. Huge chunk-o-steel. Used from before WWI through WWII. I have one. it is impressive.
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!

A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

I have one of the Type 4 with scabbard. "Tha's not a knoif, THIS is a knoif!"
    Enfield, everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Long pig, it's what's for Dinner!