Thread: What I got?

Default What I got?

These are several of the long bayonets that were cut down for the M-1 and stored . Those in wrap/cosmolene, were never unwrapped so I don't know year or make. Can anyone here tell me of what value to place on them?
    Thanks.

Semper Fi! devildog

OK..I shoulda known... the flics did not go thru....can't find how to copy URL from Picasa, so typed it in ....Also to set for public view, when I click myalbums I don't got no create new albums WTF? Red flare launched.....

devildog

3. Default

Some pictures would help. But, I have a UFH that was originally a 16" blade M1942, shortended by AFH to the new standard 10" for the M1 Garand. The scabbard is the original scabbard that was also theater shortened. (you can tell because it does not have the small notches where the fiberglass scabbard enters into the metal top piece, which is correct for a shortened scabbard). Im not sure, but I have been told bayo and correct scabbard commands near $200. Probably realistically closer to $150 I would assume. Mine has the Union Fork & Hoe co. markings on the blade, but also holds the "American Fork & Hoe" stamping on the edge of the shank from when it was modified.
    Last edited by Tudorp; 10-07-2014 at 11:50.

Sarco is selling real nice beak points for 65.00. I think you are less than 100.00 for cutdowns. Rarer makers will be a little higher except wilde.