Default Taurus paper weight

I just heard back from the Taurus repair center in FL. I sent my .41 mag raging bull in for repair some weeks ago. Finally got tired of waiting for word and called them. Long story short; No repair, out of production and no parts available. They will give me MSRP on any current production firearm, but no .41 magnum. Taurus has discontinued several models and calibers. Big Bummer. Not sure what I'll decide to do.

Blog Entries

What broke?
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

They were not able to tell me. Whatever is wrong is probably simple as the mechanism would lock up sometimes or get light primer strikes.. As it's discontinued I think they didn't want to fool with it or there are no parts available. In retrospect I should have tried to fix it myself but if you can't get parts it's alost cause. By the way that the fourth time it went to the repair center. I like the heavy bore pistols but I really like the .41 mag.

Find out what is wrong with it , then call Sarco or Gun Parts to see if they have the parts . If they do , call Taurus back and tell them to buy the parts and fix it . Lifetime is lifetime . If they won't , tell them you'll take a new .41 mag from S&W or whatever you like to let them out of thier problem . Remember , it's THIER problem , not yours .
    Chris