Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sniper Scope Case?

My friend purchased a US sniper scope for me at a local sale; however, it came in the following scope case which is a commercial case or possibly german from what I can tell. Maybe someone here on the forum can give me an idea of what it is. I cannot find any legible markings, I think I see some ghosts but they are not coming out in the pictures. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks German to me

What kind of scope was in the case?

4. Default

See an RIA stamped on it anywhere?

Default Possibly a ZF39 scope case?

Thank you for the comments. Sorry for the delay. The scope was a M84. I've looked at the case again, and I cannot find any discernable markings. However, I have found repro K98 zf 39 scope cases on the web which look just like this one. Does anyone have a ZF39 original case? If so could you tell me where to concentrate my efforts to see if there are any markings. I see what I think are some on top of the case and a stamp or something centered just below the top cap in the middle of the lower tube.

6. Default

The case is U.S. commercial it should have royal blue or brown felt inside. Is it for sale? It is for an Argus spotting scope.

Johnny,
    Thank you for the reply, but I do not believe it was for an Argus spotting scope unless I am thinking of a different scope. The Argus cases I've seen appear to have a more hinged top and rivets for the cap strap tabs rather than being sewn on. Isn't the main compartment seam sewn on the side rather than down the center too? This case has two side buckles with no cap strap. The case is only 11 7/8 inches long. The oval top and bottom are approx. 3X7/8 x 2 3/4. Unlike US scope, compass cases, etc., the inside appears to have never been lined with any felt or other liner. Wouldn't an Argus scope be similar to a model M4, M48, M49 scope which all vary between approx. 13 to 15 1/2inchs? When it was described to me over the phone at first I thought it might be a M26 case. I can post additional pictures if you desire. Eager to figure out what it is as I will probably sell it if it is not US.
    Regards,
    CC

8. Default

It looks identical to a an Argus case I have but mine is longer could be an M26 case I guess for the M48 spotting scope.

Johnny, thanks I didn't know Argus cases looked like that. I guess I've seen later models and pics in earlier mags don't look similar but I do not have one to compare. I don't have a M26 either but I thought they were round? It has been a while since I've handled one. It is too short for M4/M48 scopes as I believe they were at least 13 inches long. The M49 if I recall was even longer. Both the M27 and M53A1 cases were different too so it is not one of them. Which if not an Argus leads me to believe that this could be a foreign scope case. Here is a picture from ebay of a repop K98 Zf39 case and it has same general dimensions. It also looks the same. They must not be common as I have not been able to find a good set of pics on the internet of a real one to compare, but then again I don't really have much of a background in 3rd Reich stuff and don't follow their forums.

Regards,
    CC
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Default

Is it oval or round?