Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Most people are to careful with the monopod for it to be of any use. It was meant to be bent and is a soft but springy steel. I would not suggest repeated bending of a 75 year old war trophy but you would be amazed at a couple of the "ruined" monopods I have straightened out.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Paul, I think the Japanese were taught to work the bolt differently than the way we were taught. I think you'll find it better to work the bolt with the palm of your hand and hooked fingers on the upstroke, and for more closing power, with the heel of your hand on the closing stroke. Cock on closing requires a good strong grip on the forearm too. Appears to me that the bolt handle was designed for this, least that's the way I've worked my type 38 through a couple practice rapid fire strings. Worked pretty durned good, and was much less awkward than grasping the knob with your fingers, like we do our Krags. I know I did better than the Army fellow who demonstrated shooting a magazine full rapidly, that I saw on TV. He was trying to use his thumb and forefinger.

With all its hardware, if you get a string of them on the firing line, you might establish a new definition for rattle battle.
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 11-14-2014 at 06:54.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by madsenshooter View Post
    . . . . . With all its hardware, if you get a string of them on the firing line, you might establish a new definition for rattle battle.
    Amen! . . . . Especially if the entire string of them still have their dust covers in tact!! --Jim

Amen to that Bob and Jim!
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo

5. Default

Way to go! I can only wish I could still get into those positions? Arthritis doesn't even allow me to drive one of our little Shrine cars anymore. I envy you.
    Steve
    The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson

My son will be shooting the Type 99 at Camp Perry this year. He's left handed... so he's going to have a ball trying to work that bolt! LOL
    "I was home... What happened? What the Hell Happened?" - MM1 Jacob Holman, USS San Pablo